The ConversationalistSM COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
Welcome to the place where you can share your ideas and experience the ideas of others! This platform is built on The Conversationalist’s internal value system—this is important because it’s what we stand for and commit to both internally and externally:
The Conversationalist, LLC (“Company”) exists to promote intercultural competency, political awareness, and/or inclusivity of viewpoints on difficult subject matter.The Conversationalist SM content platform assists in formulating positive discussion among its users and will give you the confidence to drive more effective conversations so you can be seen, heard, and valued. We welcome thoughtful and civil discussion from a broad spectrum of viewpoints. Nevertheless, to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for a wide range of people to engage in meaningful conversations, we prohibit certain conduct. Each participant in our community is responsible for maintaining these standards.
By joining us, you are embarking on a journey to open your mind to all of the possibilities that suddenly appear when we see the world a bit differently, from someone else’s point of view. This platform is built on The Conversationalist SM value system—this is important because it’s what we stand for and commit to both internally and externally:
· Respect: We believe in sharing our opinions without fear of judgment. We do not expect you to agree with one another, but we expect you to speak from your own experiences, to remain open minded, and to respect others’ opinions.
· Curiosity: We are eternal learners, we ask questions, we never treat others’ ideas as invalid or ignorant, and we are comfortable trying and failing.
· Vulnerability: We have real conversations about what we believe and what we do not know. We are comfortable with change and we believe that potential for change begins the minute we let our walls down.
· Inclusivity: We value diversity of thought, ethnicity, gender, religion, ability, experience, class, size, and more—and find ways to drive this through every element of Company’s organization and purpose.
· Fearlessness: We want everyone to share their stories and ideas without the fear of being rejected or belittled. Even if your stories or comments have a differing viewpoint, do not be afraid to share them and be open to exposing yourself to multiple points of view.
· Growth: We know growth is not a destination, but a process, and we want you to enjoy that process and help others to enjoy their own.
Here are a Few Specific Rules of Engagement:
Who is The Conversationalist For?
Our audience is Gen Z and we have created the platform for Gen Z-ers; i.e. 16 to 26-year-olds.
Follow the Golden Rule
No hatred, bigotry, racism, or otherwise disrespectful commentary. Remember that you want your opinions to be respected, so respect others’ opinions as well. No know-it-all language that makes someone feel stupid for asking a question; things like “with all due respect” and “no offense, but…” don’t usually come off with respect or as inoffensive. We want this to be a safe place to ask, learn, fall forward, and grow. Common-Sense Stuff Content is prohibited if it is: illegal, pornographic, sexual or suggestive, or encourages or incites violence. No hacking, password mining, transmitting spam, or using material in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or in a manner that infringes on intellectual property rights. No impersonation of another person or brand. No predatory behavior like stalking, invading privacy, harassing, or revealing another’s personal information.What Happens in The Conversationalist SM Community Can be shared. As long as you appropriately link our website and give credit where due. However, it is forbidden to:
· Write a profile or trend piece about the TheConversationalist SM community without explicit permission from someone on the The Conversationalist SM leadership team.
· Share and/or compromise the personally identifiable information of the members of this community. Enforcement Company may delete any content that does not fit within these guidelines in its sole discretion. If we see the same people routinely causing problems, you may be asked to leave the community. So play nice! Company does not conduct criminal background or identity verification checks on its users. Use your best judgment when interacting with others.ThoughCompany strives to encourage a respectful user experience, it is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off of The Conversationalist SM content platform. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off of The Conversationalist SM content platform or meet in person.